10/31/2007

TBR Special Edition - Reggie's Wake


I will be the first to admit that this is a strange way to do a show... Groucho and CHUD come back to the studio after going to a visitation for a longtime friend of both. Reggie.

Reg was only 30 when he died in a motorcycle accident... But we decided to share some of the many stories we have with our bud. In hopes to show off what a spectacular life he led in such a short time.

Beers enjoyed during the recording of this show: Thunderhead IPA, Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree IPA. (Big shocker... More IPA's!!)

Join us for a trip down memory lane here: http://media.libsyn.com/media/thebeerreport/TBR-Wake.mp3

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Clarke said...

Sorry to hear about your buddy Reggie. That's too young to go out, and he sounds like he was a really cool dude. The sign story was really funny. Youth - it's like a license to act up. Your stories were all great - a very nice tribute to Reg.

The story about the whippets was sad, dude. Sorry to hear he had dark periods like that. Sounds like he had some serious shit going on in his life - running over that woman and stuff.

When I was a kid, I hung out with this one dude who was like my best friend at school. He started hanging out with the wrong crowd, his father left him alone a lot, and he would disappear from school for a week at a time. I saw him less and less, and the last time I saw him he was spraying Lacquer Thinner from a can into a rag and sniffing it and was offering it to me. Never saw him again after that. I heard several years later that he was going major time for grand theft.

Glad you liked the Thunderhead IPA. I really enjoyed it. I smelled a lot of citrus flavors in that beer too, so I'm with you on that. I could be mistaken, but I believe they used Tomahawk hops in that beer, which I've never tasted in any other beer. So that might be the source.

Habaneros can and will jack your taste buds up. Our buddy Oren went off the deep end with peppers. He'd show up for lunch and bring 2 or 3 fresh habaneros with him and would just bite right into them and eat them with his sandwich. I was waiting for the day his tongue was just going to burn off. He's had to cut back considerably. It screws everything up.

Aftershock is horrible. It tastes great (if you like drinking mouthwash) and will get you drunk quickly. But the hangover is not worth it. That was popular around the same time as Goldschlager, which was similar in it's affects. It has gold flakes in it. You'd drink it, then the next day your poop was worth millions. :-)

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home