Episode 40 - Italys redemption!
- Cruel cops
- Beer Report Bucket!
- Closet space.
- Belgiumites vs. Germans vs. French brewers.
- Speaking Australian, Crocodile Dundee, and Aboriginal birth control.
- Italy absolved!
- TBR presents the Industrial Revolution.
- Budweiser's new adman.
- Amy Winehouse.
- Nikki Six, DJ Ashba, and the 6AM Project.
- Don't let CHUD store your beers!
- Thomas Hardy facts... CHUD's rant on Tess of the D'urbervilles.
- Contest results.
- English porn talk.
TBR Special Edition - The Destihl location interview
- Matt's first brew-pub in Elmwood
- Midwest beer culture... Or lack of it.
- Training servers
- No other beers served!
- The Lager
- "Doing Law" and the natural progression to brewing!?! (Supportive Wife!!!)
- Siebel Beer School in Chicago
- Canning beer
- Incoming call from Margaret
- The Hefeweizen (Lemon-free)
- What does a brewer drink?
- Natural Yeast Beer in the news!
- The Nut-brown Ale
- CONTEST QUESTION
- Pleasant restrooms
- Coffee Stout
- The Destihl name
- Building in Champaign
- The Future
- Music to brew by
- Hiding behind the glass
- Destihl mints and tattoos?
All beers on the show were made at the brewery... And they were all GREAT!!!
All comments about people in Pekin only liking Bud Lite are from Groucho and CHUD.... For the record: Matt LOVES Pekin! (So do we... But its kinda fun to give our hometown some grief!)
Check out Destihl at http://www.destihl.com/
Check out this shameless attempt to promote a local business at: http://media.libsyn.com/media/thebeerreport/TBR-Destihl.mp3
TBR Interview - Karen Hamilton of Lagunitas Brewing Company
TBR Special Edition - Cornfield
OK, so we dont have a couple hundred millions dollars laying around... But who says we cant make our own monster movie here in Central Illinois? This one has a whole cast of characters, so dont feel left out if you dont recognize them all! The names have been changed to protect the innocent!
Beers on the show... CHUD's Snow Brew and Three Floyds Broo Doo (Not sure of the spelling on that one, I just know it has a troll on the label)
Download this monster of a show here: http://media.libsyn.com/media/thebeerreport/TBRcornfield.mp3
Thanks to Nightcrawler for the hooking us up with the Broodoo!
Episode 39 - Radon Awareness Month
Beers on the show: New Holland Lucid Kolsch, Dogfishhead Jihu, Big Shot from Fort Collin's Brewery, Smoke Jumper from Left Hand Brewing, Krusovice Schwartzbier.
On the show:
- The 104.7 audition with Rick S.
- AB broke CHUD's O'fallon pint glass!
- Geek beer, 9000 year old beer.
- Mesopotamia vs. The Chinease Straights.
- Ancient medical techniques.
- San Fran tiger talk.
- Beer Report Storytime: Wrestling with retards.
- CHUD's counter story.
- Radon facts.
- Giveaway!!! Be sure to enter this months contest at the homepage!
- Road Rage Rant!
- Radon... More of a Ninja or Pirate?
- January events... Tom Crappper day... Free Thinker Day... Lepresy Awareness!
- Loving the smoked beer!
- Making a mockery of January observances!
Dogfishhead purchased at Friar Tuck in Peoria, Big Shot picked up at Broadway Liquors in Pekin... No idea where CHUD picked up the Lucid!
Episode 38 - 104.7 The Fox
- CHUDco Records presents: Its a Death Metal Christmas. (http://www.therealhappyhour.com/)
- Santa in the future.
- Rick Allen vs the Snake from Emmit Otter's Jug Band Christmas.
- Growler life.
- 104.7 the Fox gets in on The Beer Report. (Thanks to Rick S.)
- CHUD's Creationist Museum review.
- Indy is cool. (Nothing to back that up)
- "You got fat, you got old..."
- Grits, chitlins and pinkeye.
- Our opportunity in radio... Practice makes perfect.
- (Probably lost any chance of ever getting a sponsorship with the Tabernacle performance)
- West Iowa beer drinkers. Craft beer aint gonna take the wild frontier of the US anytime soon.
- Officially Whores... Paypal button now on the homepage.
- Groucho is a coward.
- Santa straight talk from CHUD.
- Putting AB on the spot.
- Check out the Beer Safari Christmas 2007 video show (just Google Video "Beer Safari).
- This is our country.
- Hanging out with (Famousas1) at 3 Floyds.
- Musical exit: Mojo Nixon - Son of Santa
Episode 37 - Cold November Strange
- Reggie exhumed
- Pilgrims rock!
- Bed boards?
- Chud taking his cat to the vet.
- Perve German bartenders surrounded by birds.
- We hate the Swiss.
- CHUD is waiting for Armageddon.
- Boiler power!
- Wheres Margaret?
- Listener emails.
- Gay bars.
- Darth Maul rides a Vespa.
- Goat stories.
- "I'll take occult definitions for $500 Alex".
- O'fallon loves beer!
- Debbie Gibson is Pregnant with my 2 headed love child.
- Drunk dialing (619) 239 KING.
- WE ARE ADULTS NOW!!!
TBR Special Edition - Reggie's Wake
Episode 36 - Night of the living dead beers
Kinda early for Halloween! But, this zombie beer show certainly will scare any beer drinker!
Groucho and CHUD are joined by AB for a rapid fire taste test of some year old IPA's... Its not pretty, so I will warn you now. Also, apologies in advance to any brewery who had a beer on the show... This was not a fair shake!
In all fairness to Clarke... We let him have a shot at rebuttal on the show... Listen in as Clarke throws in his 2 cents during the show.Beers on the show: Clarkehead Homebrew IPA, Sand Creak Brewing Company Wild Ride IPA, LaCroix sparkling water, Green Valley Brewing Organic Wildhop lager, 2 Brothers Heavy Handed IPA, Founders Dry-Hopped Pale Ale, Dogfishhead Aprihop, Clarkehead Cider
Also of note:
- Craft-beer Radiohead.
- Back to the beer future.
- Home-brew from Clarke, check out his new show at http://zeroface.wordpress.com
- Good Beer Show, TBR and Big Foamy Head collide on GBS 127. (http://www.goodbeershow.com/)
- Pecker gnats.
- Low F-Bomb count show. Peer pressure from 3 dimensional podcasts?
- Fu..... Kin..... A
- First F-Bomb casualty.
- Year old beers.
- Groucho cursed too much on ep 35.
- Paranoia of chunckage? Smegma.
- Sparkling water.
- Dig'em and Kool - Aide spunk?
- 5 minutes of 5 bad beers.
- The Wife Whisperer.
- Clarke's beer beeped us in the mouth?
- Uterus theft.
- Knox county, Illinois is fattest in the state!
- Risking our lives crossing an interstate bridge. SUV's caused Minneapolis bridge colapse.
- Bono throwing the money lenders out of the temple. Chad, the country... Not the forum member.
- Clarkes hard cider.
- Skidoo, thats Canadian for Snow Mobile.
- Moose farts contribute to global warming.
- CHUD drinks from the dump bucket! Will AB heave?
- Little known IPA facts. The Chinese Straits!
- Apology for the brewers on tonight's show.
Download this wickedly bad show here: http://media.libsyn.com/media/thebeerreport/TBR36.mp3
Intro theme song from Too Much Joy, visit www.sayhername.com for more great music.
TBR Interview - Mike Earnheart from Dark Horse Brewing
Groucho had a great time drinking some fine Darkhorse beers on draft, and trying some of the "secret stash" that Mark brought along.
Listen as we talk about Aaron, the head brewer and some of the processes that take place at Dark Horse... Like picking labels, making beer, and creating contests based on Aaron's beard!
Also hear the "Clink and Drink" for Good Beer Show... Yeah, thats "ours"!
Episode 35.5 - Jacobite's and Frenchmen
- BLUBRRY BABY!!!
- Chris Moyles rating.
- Frog Legs, AB had a bad childhood experience with frogs?
- Warhammer 40K, Dawn of War. (Added for geek cred)
- Oldest house in Scotland?
- Beer for Breakfast... Ala The Replacements.
- American Brewers are over the top.
- 6 X 6 = 18.
- Global cooling screwed the Scots.
- CHUD Golf.
- Stings tantra.
- Madonna wants a wiener?
- Article from Clarke about movie theaters.
- Movie Piracy... In the theaters!
- Letter from Jim Koch to Groucho.
- French leaders... Kicking ass? Sarkozy! Canada a better place?
- Chipped Sam Adam's glass.
- PB Ricks Beeratitudes
Beers on the show purchased at Friar Tuck in Peoria and Bloomington Illinois.
Download this show steeped in culture here:
TBR Interview - Christian Wicklund of 2 Brothers Brewing
Christian came to Peoria as part of a tasting event at Sully's. 2 Brothers is one of the only bottling brewers in Illinois, and they have lots of offerings!
In the interview, you will hear a little about how 2 Brothers listens to the thirsty masses, and how good Italian restaurants go macro! (Fun analogy!)
Download here: http://media.libsyn.com/media/thebeerreport/TBRextra-2Bros.mp3
Episode 35 - Recapped and more
The first 8 minutes are all about what the Beer Report is... Or has been! Listen and be bored by our recap of what we do.
If you can make it to about 20 minutes... After CHUD and AB have a little relationship talk... You will be amazed by some classic TBR talk. Complete political incorrectness!!! Be warned... No one is safe!
Beers on the show, Schlenkerla Rauchbier Marzen, Black Sun Stout by 3 Floyds Brewing.
On the show:
- Recap of what the The Beer Report is, and what to expect.
- (Madhatter mistakenly credited to Victory... Its from New Holland!)
- AB likes here Wal-Mart donuts.
- AB and CHUD still fighting.
- Sams Choice... Sams Dead!
- Leaded Thomas Trains.
- Low tolerance of AB. Cheap date?
- CHUD has to rewire an outlet.
- Jiminy Cricket... Homeless or Uptown?
- Paris Hilton (One Month late!).
- Terrorists. Westernized Jihadists.
- Racism in Pekin.
- White on White hate.
- Barry Bonds pulling a Chris Benoit?
- Freemasons and Jew-bala.
Download here: http://media.libsyn.com/media/thebeerreport/TBR35.mp3
Intro music by Too Much Joy... http://www.sayhername.com/
TBR Extra - Stumping and Shilling
So, hear Groucho beg a little for that.
Then, hear Groucho, CHUD and Margaret shill and beg for a few bucks for Margaret's ride to Santa Fe NM in September... All proceeds for her entry fee go to the Imus ranch (And you know we LOVE that cause)...
Thanks in advance for listening and for even thinking about contributing! Go to www.thebeerreport.com for a direct link via paypal.
Listen to the shilling here: http://media.libsyn.com/media/thebeerreport/TBR-_Shilling.mp3
Episode 34 - The "Filler" show
We tried to make this one short... A cloud was hanging over the studio for the recording of show 34... We are lucky CHUD got out of this one alive! If you make it to minute 40, be prepared to feel that uncomfortable relationship humor that we all love. I was gonna call this one "Roid Rage", but may have been a little tacky for EVEN us!
Beers on the show: Michelob Bavarian Wheat, O'Fallon Oak Aged Smoked Porter.
Big Brother beer on the show? Yeah, and it was not that bad! Check some out for yourselves... I know its on shelves across the USA.
Subjects of interest:
- Head retention?
- CHUD is the topic of conversation at other Podcasts. http://www.beersafari.com/
- Keith & the Girl, Wing'n It pool party, and other podcasts.
- Watching porn on your iPod.
- What AB sees in her microphone.
- Contest results!
- Margaret saves some entries.
- Eddie's rant on dirty pubic toilets. Eddie... Email us!!!
- Guinness neon light.
- WWF murder. Steroids. Barry Bonds. Football.
- Our show sucks... Listen to Dude Night! This ep is "filler"
- CHUD has pissed off AB, and she knows there are other Brew-casters out their available!
- Good Beer Show theme song by Mickie Mason... Killer!
Special thanks to Dave Johnson at O'Fallon for the bottle of Smoked Porter.
CHUD picked up the Bavarian Wheat at an unknown gas station between Bloomington and Pekin.
Download some "Filler": http://media.libsyn.com/media/thebeerreport/TBR34.mp3
Episode 33.5 - Keelhaulers Redemption
Beers on the show: Pride and Joy by 3 Floyd's, Hennepin by Ommegang, Avocado Honey Ale by Island Brewing.
On the Show:
- Horseback riding
- Killer Bees
- Cheap Screws
- Woman Logic
Download this short show here: http://media.libsyn.com/media/thebeerreport/TBR-KR.mp3
Episode 33 - Cider House Fools
Beers on the show: JK Scrumpy's Organic Farm Cider, O'Fallon Gold, O'Fallon Wheat, Peire Cellis' Signature Series Grotten Brown Ale. Also, conversations about Original Sin Cider, Golden Draak and Leinekugel's Summer Shandy.
On the Show:
- Sister Sly's ethnic background.
- Listener Emails.
- CHUD has to watch chick flicks.
- Cheers to Lance in Iraq
- Dr. Phil abducted by aliens and is suing Oprah for 75 million!
- Contest entries.
- CHUD rants!!!
- 1 minute interview with Bruce.
- Smart people go to college.
- Drew Berry-sly.
- Family dirty laundry.
- Waffle sauce?
- Dolphin porn.
Organic Scrumpy gifted to us by Bruce from http://organicscrumpy.com/, O'Fallon Sampler purchased at Broadway Liquors in Pekin IL.
Download the show here: http://media.libsyn.com/media/thebeerreport/TBR33.mp3
TBR Interview - Chris Lennert of Left Hand Brewing
Chris was totally cool! To be honest... We have a higher opinion of Left Hand after meeting Chris and trying some of the specialty offering he was packing! More-so from meeting him. If he is the VP of Ops... Then that must be a great place to work!
Its only 4 megs or so... And not exactly the best recording... The autojukebox kicked right in as we were talking!
Thanks to Specialty Distributing and Old Chicago in Peoria for setting up this event!
Episode 32 - H3
At the request of someone... We let the Hoopmaster join in on Ep 32. (Have you noticed a trend? About every 10 or shows or so?) If you are looking for stale jokes, lots of ripping on Groucho, and lots of testosterone fueled bravado... This is the show for you!
Beers on the show: Three Floyd's - Pride and Joy, Roots Organic Brewing - Woody's Organic IPA, Sierra Nevada - Pale Ale.
- CONTEST - www.thebeerreport.com for details
- The Peoria Beerfest.
- The Hoopmaster poker report.
- Bob Barker & Howie Mandell.
- Pet OnStar.
- Placebo taste test.
- Ribbon Observation.
- Fuck lacing!
- CHUD has lost the rage!
- Dutch ovens.
- Yard care and Cob Houses?
- The Founders Glass - Drunk kids in Grand Rapids Michigan.
Pride & Joy purchased at Friar Tuck in Bloomington IL, Woody's IPA was a gift from Rick at Pacific Brew News, Sierra Nevada purchased at Broadway Liquors in Pekin IL.
Click here for this Epic Summer Sequel! http://media.libsyn.com/media/thebeerreport/TBR32.mp3
Episode 31 - Stout Blowout!
This show is long... kinda meandering... And definitely over the top with the sound effects later in the show! Groucho would like to apologize in advance for singing Elton!
Beers on the show: Millstream Brewing - Stout, North Coast Brewing - Old Number 38, Bells Kalamazoo Stout, Anderson Valley Brewing - Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout, Founders - Kentucky Breakfast Stout.
- Listener mail from Estel.
- The origins of IPA.
- Pierre Cellis' beers... The greatest, or the greatest marketing campaign?
- Anheuser Busch's Bare-knuckle stout. (Not tried on the show).
- RateBeer check sheet.
- Everclearchannel... The rumor mill.
- 21 lessons to stop masturbating (Per a Mormon memo).
- CONTEST!!! See www.thebeerreport.com for details on cool Hobgoblin stuff!
- Grindhouse - One brothers review.
- A banal rant?
- Messed up labels on the Barney Flats Stout.
- I'm sooooooo gay!
- Elton John karaoke.
- Beer Report Facts! Mormons run Nevada?
- Groucho & CHUD's 5th grade pep talk.
- Wychwood information lesson.
- What if aliens could get Kentucky Breakfast Stout.
Beers on the show purchased at Friar Tuck in Peoria IL
The Hop Steelcage Match
2 Hoppy Beers, 2 Brothers and 2 Microphones... What do you get? The Hop Steelcage match!
3 Floyd's Dreadnaught Imperial IPA vs Moylans IPA
Enjoy the mayhem!
Moylans provided by Rick from Pacific Brew News, Dreadnaught purchased at Sam's Wine and Spirits in Chicago Illinois.
Download it here!
Episode 30 - The 30th Episode Show
What is the appropriate beer gift for 30 podcasts??? IPA's of course! A TBR staple. In hindsite, we could have drank a lot more... And faster, but these were some quality brews... They must be savored!
Beers on the show: Great Divide - Hercules Double IPA, New Galarus - Belgium Cherry, Green Flash Imperial IPA.
One the show:
- Margaret in da house.
- Stalker Pants.
- Mr. Barleywine.
- Facts about the license plate factory employees.
- Beer Advocate Magazine issue 3.
- Email from Mike about music on the show. (www.psychostick.com)
- Horseback riding.
- TRHH quote that we find very applicable to the last show.
- Gift from Pacific Brew News, Rick.
- Richard Jeni dying.
- The Pixies.
- Gay Sparta? Memories are short...
TBR Extra - Interview with Dave Engbers of Founders Brewery
Dave Engbers, a VP and co-founder of Founders Brewery stopped in for a special tasting night at Kellehers in Peoria IL. Be patient with the sound... As you will hear, the bar crowd gets louder and louder as the interview goes on.
A special thanks to Mike from Specialty Distributing for setting up this event. They are doing lots of work to make this years Beer Fest a big event!
Topics touched on:
- Why are you in Peoria?
- Whats going on at Founders Brewery?
- How does Founders create an identity in the midst of a West Coast beer revolution?
- Founders Myspace page?
- How do we get better beer to the masses?
The Beer Report is a member of Beer Safari, check out other great beercasts at www.beersafari.com.
Oh yeah, we are member of that site that's missing the E's! www.blubrry.com.
Episode 29 - Corporate Shills
This show brings us free beer! Free Beer? Yeah, from the factory even! OK, we sprang for one... But from what we tasted... Free beer seems to taste better. Imagine that! For this reason... This is a long bloated show... Bloated with beer and other nonsense. The apologies section is long... And Groucho is in a mood that none of us recognize!
Beers on the show: Springboard Ale by New Belgium Brewing, Super Duper Dog by Lucky Labrodor Brewery, Lagunitas IPA, Stoudts Double IPA.
Topics of conversation:
- Colorado... In a nutshell
- The Absinthe of beer?
- CHUD's apologies - Berkley Students, Goose Island, Vampires, Indigo Children.
- Furnace noise.
- Groucho's apologies - Goose Island, our listeners for show 28, Exploiting the homeless, Nipples and Nuts, Keelhauler.
- Springboard and corporate pimping. (26:00 minutes in for corporate people who dont want to listen to our nonsense)
- Other beer shows.
- 138 ibu beer!
- Pacific Brew News
- Hop Perfume
- The Beer Report Challenge... Any other brewers have a better hopped up beer than this Super Duper Dog? Prove it!
- Too Much Joy concert in NYC on May 5th.
- "Even the Queen".
- More Too Much Joy sing-alongs. "Bad Dog"
- Native Americans.
- American Brew Styles should be marked.
- Imported Beers at the store.
Most beers on the show were not purchased! Wow! Thanks to New Belgium Brewery for the Springboard. Teewinks for the Lucky Labrodor Super Duper Dog (Seek it out). Thanks to Bubby for the Stoudts Double IPA!
Lagunitas IPA purchased at Broadway Liqours in Pekin IL. Remember... Buy fresh, buy local!
Da Bears & Da Beers - The Super Duper Bowl postshow
- Bears coverage.
- Wychraft is like the Rex Grossman of import beer.
- AM670 the Score and the biased coverage.
- Carson Palmer and how he studies.
- Hispanic and Chinese representation in the NFL or the NBA.
- Martial Arts position players.
- NFL Ninjas.
- Miniature Mike Ditka with one arm behind his back...
- Brian Grease.
- Santa's secret workforce.
- Midgets - Festive happy people???
- Detroit Lions??? CHUD's inner love for all coaches related to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- The ULTIMATE cold weather team.
- Viking exploitation. Its time to end it.
Wychwood on the show purchased at Broadway Liquors in Pekin IL. Mad Elf was a gift from Bubby, and St. Nick was from Sickpuppy! Thanks!
Check out Bubby's show at: http://braingravy.libsyn.com/
Check out Sickpuppy's awesome chugcast at http://shouldidrinkthat.com/
Episode 28 - Peoria Homebrewers Bus Trip
Join us for an exciting time in Chicago. Along the way, we hit such famous spots as: The Map Room, Goose Island, The Red Lion, Piece Pizza and Brewery.
Will they have us back? Its hard to say, watch the video, or listen to the audio to find out.
Beers on the show??? Hell, who knows! We had a pile of beers everywhere we went. We tried plenty of Goose Island beer... And we made a noble attempt at the Belgium ales on tap at the Maproom. See if you can count out how many beers made it on the show!
For more information on the video file, go to http://www.thebeerreport.com/
Music provided by: Mary Prankster: www.maryprankster.com, Too Much Joy: www.sayhername.com, Pschostick: www.pschostick.com
Download the audio version of this audio-video jigsaw puzzle here.
Episode 27 - Nipples and Nuts
We make up for a beer heavy show on ep 26 with this not so beery show! Keelhauler sends us some beers from the west coast, but they may have been too much for us! Really, CHUD didnt get any of them! We truely are the worst beercast!
Beers on the show: Island Brewing's Avacado Honey Ale, Julilee Old Ale and IPA.
On the show:
- Beercast, Brewcast, drunkcast... Whats it matter? Copyrights?
- Keelhauler... Whats the meaning of life?
- Steepcast... Thats ours... We said it first! All Groucho's knowledge of tea comes from Captain Picard.
- Lawyer AB.
- Berkley students dont shave... And eat Granola.
- Happy cows come from Cali.
- Barnyard, the movie... Whats up with those utters?
- Whats California good for?
- Male milk cows?
- Let me try to explain this one: A male cow must have some kind of utters, because all male animals have breasts of some sort. So, a cow must have some kind of "utter". How we got into the location of cat balls is beyond me!
- Precision Drinking Equipment supplied by Clarence Maloy.
- CHUD's grand plan to become an artist.
- Leftovers: The Hoopmaster's Mini Keg of Heinekin.
- Prog rock.
- Funniest movie of all time?
- Vampires, otherkins... www.Otherkin.net
- Micheal and Evo have nothing on the Vampires! Pissing off the undead! The power of suck.
- I'm too sexy for this brewcast.
- A Canadian fan on MySpace.
Beers on the show were all gifts! Thanks to Keelhauler and the Homeless Hoopmaster for their contribution to the TBR!
Episode 26 - Christmas 2006
Seasons Greetings! We take the holiday head-on by trying out a bunch of festive beers! This is a lengthy show... Lots of beer and non-beer talk, some drunken singing, and a song. Hopefully, a present for everyone!
Beers on the show: Sam Adams Winter Lager, Sierra Nevada Celebration, Schlafly Christmas Ale, Wychwood Bah Humbug, Young's Winter Warmer, Anchor Brewing's Holiday Ale 2006.
On the show:
- Dean Martin would be the guy to do Christmas with.
- Beer... (Sorry, we talked about a few)
- Burning clove cigarettes.
- Witch brooms and their origins.
- Patrick Stewart's Christmas Carol CD.
- CHUD is getting soft?
- Apologies - God help us!
- Chevy Ads with John Mellencamp.
- CHUD's alternate truck ads.
- Prep Football.
- Kissing Cousins.
- Jeffrey T and the Library of Congress.
- King of Beer song.
- Boris the Spider... They Might Be Giant's version of Spider.
- Sealed with Wax, and other great things of yesteryear... Or yestercentury
- Groucho's Thanksgiving.
- The Lost Duck Brewing Company in Fort Madison Iowa. (Groucho was going to Margaret's family Thanksgiving... So, they are Groucho's In-laws!)
- Anonymous posting on the TCB.
- Too Much Joy's - Drunk & in Love
All the beers on the Holiday show were purchased at Broadway Liquors in Pekin IL.
Episode 25 - The Sloppy Beer Show
Ahoy, we are sailing the seas of beer... On our floor! Listen... You may hear the sound of beer running out of your speakers/earbuds. Originally, this show was going to be a "Cleaning the Beer Fridge" type theme... But soon enough, things took a turn.
Beers on the show: Molson Golden, Founders Centennial IPA, Left Hand Brewery's Twin Sister Double IPA, Well's Bombardier in a can.
- Illini Jen is beat on... Payback?
- Foot hops? Canadian information, TBR style.
- Foreign beer vs Domestic Micro-brews.
- The Real Happy Hour Beer Show.
- SIDT moment... CHUD tries the chug rule. (Check out ShouldIdrinkthat.com)
- Founders is NOT in Indiana!
- CHUD likes Swingers.
- Gin & Tang...??? WTF?
- Faux & Barry?
- Broken drinking equipment! The danger of drinking and podcasting.
- Beer Advocate Magazine? Where is it?
- Marital advice from a 2 time divorcee car salesman.
- Blubrry plug
- Wing'n It voice mails... (Played without permission) Just 2 of the calls...
See the extras feed for more comments on the voicemails from Winging It. Hopefully the last we hear about this? Make a luck roll to find out! Thanks to Spoon from SIDT for compiling these. (So we did not have the hear the "Cl*t joke"!)
Beers purchased all over the place! Molson Golden was a gift from Uncle Jose, Founder's Centennial IPA and Left Hand Brewing's Twin Sisters Double IPA were both bought at Friar Tuck in Peoria IL. The Wells Bombardier was picked up at UFS in Peoria.
Episode 24 - The Electorate & the Rye
On the show:
Definition of Rye.
Judy Barr Topinka vs Roddy Blagojevich vs the Green Party.
Chunk of something in the Hop Rod, CHUD misses the "In Drag" joke.
Listener mail from Josh.
Pissing on the flames of the dragon.
The politics of beer.
Hit the polls.
Click here to access this file
Cain and Ebel purchased at Friar Tuck in Peoria. Hop Rod Rye was a gift from Hawgdog! Thanks!
Episode 23 - From the Warzone: Dear Groucho & CHUD...
Who are the players on the show? Groucho, CHUD, Margaret................. And welcome "AB", or as some of our forum members may know her.... Angry Bar Code. She starts off timid, but blossoms later in the show.
Now we know how Dude Night feels... Try and monitor 3 or 4 people on a mixer... Drink lots of beer... And ensure recording quality. Hard to do! Sorry for any failures in "Lawn Mower" readiness.
Beers on the show: Leinenkugel Octoberfest, Schlafly Octoberfest, Sam Adam's Octoberfest and New Holland Brewery's Dragons Milk (Not a gamer beer!)
- A smattering of emails that are pro and con TBR.
- Vampire the Masquerade.
- A Drunk CHUD, here are the signs.
- The "Bob Ross" of beer shows.
- High gravity.
- A Rum beer?
- Far Porn Media.
- Groucho and CHUD wrestle for an ending the sticks.
Leinie and Schlafly brand beers purchased at Broadway Liquors in Pekin IL. The Sam Adams was purchased at some unknown mini mall liquor store in Aurora IL. Dragons Milk purchased at Friar Tuck in Bloomington IL.
Episode 22 - The Stolen Stone Show
- Grand Theft Stone in Pennsylvania... Sorry to the Should I drink That? boys.
- The Psychostick song: "Beer".
- Getting home from Cali after doing the Stone 10th Anniversary Beer-fest with Dude Night.
- The Real Happy Hour Beer Show
- Groucho ain't get'n drunk tonight!
- Mugs that later turn into chalices!
- www.Blubrry.com, Sellouts?
- A message from Mama Goot at Two Chicks and a Cooler, Part of the ECCC family.
- Apologies to Charlie at Speaking of Beer (at 21:10 for all you Dragonpage people!) and Canada.
- Airplane tragedies and the twisted logic.
- The Podcast directory Rant. iTunes, Podcastalley.
- Kissing Stones Ass!
- Margaret joins the fray... Mysterious echo ensues for several minutes.
- Shipwrecked Stag Beer.
- Broke-back drinking! Groucho loses pace once again!
- 8 Ball Wednesdays... And other suggestions.
- Margaret loves the HHM!
Beers on the show: Stone Brewery Arrogant Bastard, Vertical Epic 06.06.06, 10th Anniversary Ale, Smoked Porter.
Links for Psychostick!
This show was recorded on a new mixer... We are still learning how to use it, so sound quality is questionable. Please save your comments! Yeah, we are not at Far Point Media standard, but that is another story!
OK, some of the beers where not stolen... In fact, Hogdawg was our supplier of all the Stone products but the Vertical Epic. That was supplied by Sickpuppy. THANKS GUYS!!!
Intermission: The TRHH tribute show
In the meantime, enjoy this bit we recently did in tribute to our favorite podcast, http://www.therealhappyhour.com.
This tribute is bad... Really bad, but its only 8 minutes long... It would have been more satisfying if TRHH had not eventually come out with a show! A BEER show!
Suffer along as everyone but Estry and AFY is screwered by bad imitations! Yeah, I'm a poor imitation of Kirk!
Expect a new show this coming week.
Episode 21 - The Hop Juice is loose!
Beers on the show: Boulder Brewing Sweaty Betty, Schlafley Heffeweisen, Two Brothers Brewing Hop Juice, Bell's 2 Hearted Ale
- New ECCC intro!
- Celis White... Our thoughts on a previous tasting.
- CHUD's tower of doom.
- ECCC Meetings with the new fall shows.
- New mandated apology segment.
- SOB baroom skit, torn to peices... Turns into a CHUD rant.
- Greg from Craft Beer Radio submits a version of the SOB skit.
- Groucho on the road to ruin!
- Hemmingway and Gonzo.
- Pekin cabbies.
- Beer Report Voicemail
Drinking game to play during this show... Drink everytime someone says "Hardcore" or slurrs a word.
All beers on the show purchased at Broadway Liquors in Pekin except for Hop Juice, that was purchased at Friar Tuck in Peoria.
Check out other fine shows at Beer Safari dot com
Episode 20 - Double Drunk Tuesday
Beers on the show: Clipper City Brewing's Heavy Seas Series Hop3 IPA, Avery International IPA, Berghoff Hefeweizen, Hogdawg Brewery IPA.
- CHUD doesnt like bananas in his beer. The "Jungle Book" of beers.
- Craft Beer Radio clip. Jeff and Greg are "metal"?
- The worst song ever recorded?
- Starchy and Hutch - A difference of opinion.
- George Foreman of Beers?
- Yeast in beer.
- CHUD thinks we have the best message board.
- Rummy, where are you?
- Cork projectiles... And dropping bottles.
Beers on the show purchased at Super Liquors in Peoria, UFS in Peoria, and gifted by Hogdawg. Thanks!
Episode 19 - Hoopmaster Returns
He's back!!! And loud as ever!!!
The Homeless Hoopmaster gets a night away from his Wife and Daughter and decides to spend it with us in the Beer Report Studios. This show was recorded on Fathers Day 2006.
Things take an athletic turn as HHM calls out Groucho and CHUD about their activies, or lack of them, and in turn hears about all of the pathetic life experiences that come from the world of sport. Enjoy, we dont let these stories out often.
Beers on the show: Avery White Rascal, Stone Brewery Arrogant Bastard. Other beers mentioned on the show: Clipper City Red Sky Night, Damnation, Unibrou Maudite (Again and Done!)
The show is too long, but I could not figure out what to edit... Listen at your own risk!
- The HHM shares his story of the night after hanging out with Sailor Jerry at the Beer Report Studios.
- CHUD retreads his "Way to pick up women in a bar" theory.
- Links to Dude Night & Should I drink That? Imitatations of Spoon & Sickpuppy.
- Fishing with Groucho. Softball with CHUD.
- Fun games to play at the bar according to HHM and CHUD. (Used 100's of times?)
- Pickup lines from the CHUD. XXX retarded conversation ensues.
- Football and Baseball memories. Buck Floomington.
- Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers... A song for Teewinks.
- The show slides out of control, Audacity Sucks!
- CHUD's anti-electronic rant.
Beers on the show... White Rascal purchased at Broadway Liquors in Pekin IL. Arrogant Bastard sent to the show from Hogdawg @ the Dudenight show.
Episode 18 - Peer Pressure from the Uni-Brows
Beers on the show: Unibroue Maudite, Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat Ale and Three Floyd's Alpha King Pale Ale.
- The Homeless could not be with us... Sorry Marky Mark!
- Big Foamy Head gets praise for inspiring us to retry the Maudite.
- Hard names to write in the snow.
- CBR listener Jean Luc, lets us use his pronunciation key for the Unibroue.
- CHUD brings a clip from Craft Beer Radio that he enjoyed.
- Jeffrey T from The Good Beer Show submits a promo.
- All other shows have theme music.
- Party with Joe. The whole range of emotions!
Yes, we know Canada is not a socialist state... It just wants to be!
Beers on the show purchased at Friar Tuck in Peoria IL.
The Beer Report Official Video Debut
Groucho and CHUD keep it short and simple with a 5 minute tasting of O'Fallon Brewery's Smoked Porter. A Midwest secret that is surely ready to burst upon the rest of the US.
Enjoy... And if you think about it, throw an extra prayer our way!
Click here to bask in the wonderment of video
Episode 17 - Snakes & Lagers
Beers on the show: Brahma (Again!!!), King Cobra Malt liquor, Lemp Lager, Elmwood Nut Brown Ale. (Hard to believe I tried to lose this one huh?)
Other Highlights include:
- More Brazilian backlash for the Brahma.
- A serious review of Malt liquor.
- Customer service support for Anheuser Busch.
- Long time listener, first time caller, Irish calls to talk about Hobgoblin.
- Union made beer from St. Louis (Just not made there).
- Making fun of Eskimos
- James Faux Jones says "Hey".
Malt liquor and Lemp bought at unknown gas station in Tazewell County by CHUD. Elmwood Brewery is located 20 miles west of Peoria in lovely Elmwood Illinois.